Postdoctoral Fellowship in Guideline Development and Implementation
This fellowship will be directly attached to the next round of Canadian Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (CACPR) guidelines delivery. CACPR is the national leaders in cardiac rehabilitation and have been producing the Canadian Cardiac Rehabilitation guidelines for the last 30 years. The current project will be focused on optimising the development and implementation process of the new guideline cycle. Though the project is national in scope, the position will be based at the Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre (https://mbmc-cmcm.ca), which is a collaborative centre between the CIUSSS-NIM Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montreal, Concordia University, and UQAM.
The individual who is selected for this position will be expected to help the lead of the Guideline process, Dr. Simon Bacon (https://mbmc-cmcm.ca/member/simon-bacon/), with the national coordination of the study. They will also have the opportunity to work with the all the sub-section leads and the Central Review Committee in the actual development of specific guidelines.
In addition to aspects of coordination, the fellow will be able to work on a variety of research-related aspects of the study including:
- Systematic reviews, meta-analyses and reporting
- Assessment of implementation strategies
- Development and dissemination of guideline tools
- Participating in stakeholder engagement activities
- PhD in a related applied clinical discipline (e.g., Epidemiology, Public Health, Kinesiology, Nursing, Nutrition, Psychology, Medicine)
- Demonstrated experience conducting research in at least one of the following areas
- Implementation science
- Guideline development
- Systematic reviews/meta-analyses
- Tertiary chronic disease prevention
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated research productivity (peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations)
- Ability to work autonomously and take a lead role on projects under supervision of principal investigators
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience with statistical methods and ability to work with analytic software
- Experience using integrated stakeholder engagement strategies
- Experience with student mentoring and supervision
- Openness to learn new methods and techniques in an applied clinical setting
- Ability to communicate (orally) in both English and French
Start date, Duration, Stipend, and Location
The start date is immediate but flexible; funding has already been received.
The position is full time for one year and is renewable. The funding package consists of a stipend (consistent with CIHR funding levels) plus conference / training funding.
The successful candidate could be registered at Concordia University (www.concordia.ca) or UQAM (www.uqam.ca); the actual work would be conducted at the CIUSSS-NIM, Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montreal (www.crhscm.ca).
To apply, please forward the following:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including summary of GPA’s, a full publication list (including hyperlinks where possible) and email contact details for two referees
- A letter of motivation and statement of research accomplishments and future research goals
- 2-3 research publications that best demonstrate your fit for the position
How to apply:
- The complete application package must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Fellowship in Guideline Development and Implementation” in the subject line.
- Queries about the application should be sent to Dr. Bacon (email@example.com).
- The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 30 November 2018, 5 pm EST. However, please note that we will review applications as they are received.