Position: Research Assistant for Systematic Reviews/Evidence Syntheses
Full-time position — One-year contract with possibility of renewal
Immediate supervisors: Dr. Simon Bacon and Dr. Kim Lavoie, Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre (MBMC)
Workplace: Home-based during pandemic, but otherwise CIUSSS-NIM (Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal)
Salary: In accordance with experience
Starting date: As soon as possible
Summary of position:
Under the supervision of the immediate supervisors and in collaboration with MBMC’s META group staff and students, this position will support the team in conducting systematic reviews, rapid reviews, and meta-analyses. Examples of the kinds of projects that the candidate will work on include: the COVID-19 Evidence Network to support Decision-making (COVID-END, https://www.mcmasterforum.org/networks/covid-end) project and the Canadian Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (CACPR) Guidelines process. The chosen candidate will prepare evidence syntheses within very tight deadlines.
- Assisting with a series of systematic reviews in topics related to cardiovascular rehabilitation, include running search, finding articles, and defining if articles meet the predefined inclusion and exclusion criteria;
- Undertaking a series of rapid reviews around COVID-19, include running search, finding articles, and defining if articles meet the predefined inclusion and exclusion criteria;
- Collaborating with other pertinent projects within the Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a health science related field;
- Experience in conducting systematic reviews and meta-analyses;
- Ability to work independently and take a lead role on projects, under supervision and guidance of a principal investigator;
- Ability to work with time-sensitive deadlines in fast-paced environments;
- Effective communication skills (fluent in written and spoken English).
- Master’s Degree or higher in a health science related field;
- Experience in conducting rapid reviews
- Experience in health behaviour research;
- Experience interfacing with large databases, use of analytic software and statistical methods;
- Demonstrated competence in critical thinking and scientific writing;
- Prior experience working with a national team.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in until the position is filled. Deadline: July 10, 2022.
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org