Job offer: General Administrative Assistant
Full-time position — One-year contract with possibility of renewal
Immediate supervisors: Dr. Kim Lavoie and Dr. Simon Bacon, Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre (MBMC)
Workplace: Home-based during pandemic, but otherwise CIUSSS-NIM (Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal)
Salary: In accordance with experience
Starting date: As soon as possible
Summary of position:
Under the supervision of the immediate supervisors and in collaboration with staff and students of the MBMC, the chosen candidate will provide general administrative, operational, coordination and technical support for the management of the research laboratory.
- Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of budgets and transfer agreements between the CIUSSS-NIM and universities;
- Tracking expenses and prepares expense reports;
- Managing and responding to lab-related email and information requests;
- Coordinating and arranging meetings, teleconferences and other research events; taking /preparing minutes;
- Tracking lab activities and assisting in the preparation of reports;
- Maintaining and updating reference databases, contact and distribution lists;
- Assisting with project communication and knowledge translation (website posts, newsletters, etc.);
- Assisting with any other duties required by the management of the research lab.
The candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent (oral and written) communication skills;
- Versatility, capacity to work in a team, and good interpersonal skills;
- Dynamic and ability to autonomously/ take the initiative;
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail, good problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree (BA/BSc or higher) in Health, Social Sciences or a related field; or postsecondary training in office administration;
- Minimum of two years office administration experience;
- Fluency in verbal and written French and English;
- Strong computer proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and electronic scheduling software.
- Experience in a clinical research environment;
- Experience with funding agency reporting (CIHR, FRQS);
- Experience in budgetary reporting.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in until the position is filled.
Deadline: February 8, 2021.
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com