Kinesiologist / Clinical Exercise Physiologist – Research Assistant
Part-time position — One-year contract with possibility of renewal
Two researchers from the Axe des maladies chroniques of the CIUSSS du Nord-de-l’Île-de-Montréal (NIM)’s Research Centre – Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal (Drs. Simon Bacon and Kim Lavoie).
Clinical research in the areas of exercise physiology, physical fitness, behavioural medicine, and psychophysiology in individuals with or at risk for chronic diseases.
Salary: In accordance with experience.
Primary location: CIUSSS-NIM (Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal)
Secondary location: Centre de réadaptation cardio-respiratoire Jean-Jacques-Gauthier (located at the Cartierville YMCA)
Summary of position:
Under the supervision of the immediate supervisors and in collaboration with members of the chronic disease research group, the chosen candidate will primarily be in charge of a functional investigation laboratory and will supervise exercise tests and psychophysiological testing. In addition, there may be a possibility to supervise exercise-training sessions.
- Organise and administer evaluations conducted in the functional investigation laboratory: exercise stress tests and psychophysiological assessments with ECG and gas exchange, walking tests, physical activity level (accelerometer), cardiac (bioimpedance) and pulmonary function (peak flow rates, FEV1, etc.), and body composition analysis.
- Manage laboratory schedules, budget, and maintenance of equipment
- Conduct follow-ups by phone
- In addition, the candidate may need to supervise exercise-training sessions undertaken by study participants.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of kinesiology / exercise science
- ≥ 3 years of work experience in exercise testing and clinical research
- ≥ 1 year of experience working with chronic diseased populations (COPD, CAD, etc.)
- Fluency in both French and English
- CPR certification
- Master’s degree in the field of kinesiology / exercise science
- Exercise Specialist certification from ACSM or Certified Exercise Physiologist accreditation from CSEP
Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter before July 2, 2018 to:
Guillaume Lacoste, Laboratory Coordinator