Clinical Exercise Physiologist – Research Assistant
Part-time position — One-year contract with possibility of renewal
Two researchers from the Axe des maladies chroniques of the CIUSSS-NIM’s Research Centre – Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal (Drs. Simon Bacon and Kim Lavoie).
Clinical research in the areas of psychology, exercise physiology, physical fitness and behavioural medicine in individuals with chronic respiratory and cardiovascular diseases.
Salary: In accordance with experience.
Primary location: CIUSSS-NIM (Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal)
Secondary location: Centre de réadaptation cardio-respiratoire Jean-Jacques-Gauthier (located at the Cartierville YMCA)
Summary of position:
Under the supervision of the immediate supervisors and in collaboration with members of the chronic disease research group, the chosen candidate will be in charge of a functional investigation laboratory and will supervise exercise tests as well as exercise-training sessions.
- Organise and administer evaluations conducted in the functional investigation laboratory: exercise tests with ECG and gas exchange, walking tests, physical activity level (accelerometer), cardiac (bioimpedance) and pulmonary function (peak flow rates, FEV1, etc.), and body composition analysi
- Manage laboratory schedules, budget, and maintenance of equipment
- Supervise exercise tests and exercise-training sessions undertaken by study participants
- Conduct follow-ups by phone
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of exercise science
- ≥ 3 years of work experience in exercise testing and clinical research
- ≥ 1 year of experience working with chronic diseased populations (COPD, CAD, etc.)
- Fluency in both French and English
- CPR certification
- Master’s degree in the field of exercise science
- Exercise Specialist certification from ACSM or Certified Exercise Physiologist accreditation from CSEP would be an asset
Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter before July 9, 2017 to:
Guillaume Lacoste, Laboratory Coordinator
Centre de recherche du CIUSSS-NIM (Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal), bureau J-3145
5400 boulevard Gouin ouest, Montréal, QC (Canada), H4J 1C5