Position: Research Assistant
Part-time position — One-year contract with possibility of renewal
This part-time position (3 days/week) will be directly attached to 2 specific projects: 1) An international project looking to develop targets for increasing physical activity and reducing sedentary behaviour in elderly populations (i.e., aged 65+); and 2) A national guideline development and implementation project around cardiac rehabilitation. The main role of the candidate will be to help undertake a series of systematic reviews around these topic areas, including running search, finding articles, and defining if articles meet the predefined inclusion and exclusion criteria. There will also be opportunities to work with other pertinent projects within the Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Epidemiology, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Psychology, Public Health, or related discipline
- Experience in conducting systematic reviews and meta-analyses
- Ability to work independently and take a lead role on projects, under supervision and guidance of a principal investigator
- Effective communication skills (fluent in English)
- Master’s Degree or higher in Epidemiology, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Psychology, Public Health, or related discipline
- Experience in health behaviour research
- Experience interfacing with large databases, use of analytic software and statistical methods
- Demonstrated competence in critical thinking and scientific writing
- Experience in the development and/or implementation of guidelines
- Prior experience working with a national or international team
- French language skills (oral)
Start date, Length, Stipend and Location:
The start date is immediate but flexible; funding for the position has already been received.
The contract would be for 1 year and renewable depending on the availability of funds. The annual stipend level is consistent with experience.
Your application must include the following:
• A complete curriculum vitae, including full details of your prior systematic reviews experience and any related publications if applicable (including hyperlinks where possible) and email contact details for two referees
• A letter of motivation
How to Apply:
• Applications will be reviewed as they come in until the position is filled. Deadline: Monday April 2 2018, 5 pm EDT.
• The complete application package must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Queries about the application should be sent to: email@example.com
The MBMC, Concordia University, and CIUSSS-NIM are equal opportunities employers and committed to selection on merit.