Position: Research Assistant for Systematic Reviews
Part-time position — One-year contract with possibility of renewal
Two researchers from the Axe des maladies chroniques of the CIUSSS du Nord-de-l’Île-de-Montréal (NIM)’s Research Centre – Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal (Drs. Simon Bacon and Kim Lavoie).
Clinical research in the areas of exercise physiology, physical fitness, behavioural medicine, and psychophysiology in individuals with or at risk for chronic diseases.
Salary: In accordance with experience.
Primary location: CIUSSS-NIM (Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal)
Summary of position:
This part-time position (3 days/week) will be directly attached to 2 specific projects:
- An international project looking to develop targets for increasing physical activity and reducing sedentary behaviour in elderly populations (i.e., aged 65+); and
- A national guideline development and implementation project around cardiac rehabilitation.
- Help the team undertake a series of systematic reviews around the topic areas mentioned above, include running search, finding articles, and defining if articles meet the predefined inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Collaborate with other pertinent projects within the Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre (www.mbmc-cmcm.ca).
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Epidemiology, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Psychology, Public Health, or related discipline
- Experience in conducting systematic reviews and meta-analyses
- Ability to work independently and take a lead role on projects, under supervision and guidance of a principal investigator
- Effective communication skills (fluent in written and spoken English)
- Master’s Degree or higher in Epidemiology, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Psychology, Public Health, or related discipline
- Experience in health behaviour research
- Experience interfacing with large databases, use of analytic software and statistical methods
- Demonstrated competence in critical thinking and scientific writing
- Experience in the development and/or implementation of guidelines
- Prior experience working with a national or international team
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae before September 16, 2018 to:
Guillaume Lacoste, Laboratory Coordinator